We hope you will join us on June 8, 2019 at Pringle Park Hall in Salem, OR! Our top priority will be to support our sponsors, food vendors, and exhibitors of products and services directly related to the Cherry City VegFest mission, including nonprofit groups.
Cherry City VegFest (CCVF) is presented by the 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Cherry City VegFest. We are a grassroots, volunteer-based organization dedicated to promoting vegan lifestyle choices and providing plant-based community support and educational outreach. We aim to accomplish this through the annual CCVF event in Salem and throughout the year by leafleting and mass media, distributing vegan food samples, co-hosting potluck social gatherings, hosting film screenings, and by inviting speakers to present on a variety of vegan related topics as educational outreach opportunities.
CCVF will showcase all vegan food, beverages and other plant-based/vegan-friendly products, as well as interconnected social justice and environmental groups and nonprofit organizations.
This inaugural CCVF, which is FREE for attendees, offers a great opportunity for you to promote your business and showcase your products/service to an excited audience interested in learning more about a plant-based and vegan lifestyle! We hope that you will help us make the first Salem, Oregon Cherry City VegFest an epic and historic beginning for positive change in the world! We look forward to bringing this much-needed outreach opportunity to the Salem area, only possible with your participation and support.
We hope that you will join us in making Salem’s inaugural Cherry City VegFest an extraordinary and meaningful experience.
Saturday, June 8, 2019
Vendor arrival: 7:30am (please be ready by 9:30)
Doors: 10am (event ends at 6pm)
Pringle Park Community Hall
606 Church St SE,
Salem, Oregon 97301
Indoor space (UPDATE on 3/27/19: only food vendor availability remaining inside) includes one 8’x3’ table, 2 chairs, and access to electricity as well as shared use of the small kitchen for water and other basic needs. We recommend the inside spaces for food vendors. The Community Hall has Wi-Fi access but there is no guarantee regarding quality of service. Login information available on-site. No cash will be available at the VegFest location so please be prepared for making change if applicable.
- Exhibit displays and signs should be on tables or freestanding. Wall space is limited.
- Table coverings are not provided. Please bring your own. Commercial Food Exhibitors, Food Samples Only Exhibitors and Restaurant Exhibitors who are heating food at their table must use a flame-retardant table covering.
Outside/park lawn space requires each vendor to provide their own table and canopy; tents requiring staking incur an additional fee as the city will charge to come out to mark water lines.
- Electrical access outside requires an additional fee of $20. Electricity OUTSIDE is by pre-arrangement only. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements or if your needs have changed. To find how many amps of power you need for your equipment, find how many watts the equipment draws, divide by 120 and that equals your needed amps.
We welcome vendors, exhibitors, and restaurants who are compatible with the mission and goals of CCVF. We require that all materials, literature, and handouts reflect these values. Applications are reviewed for acceptance and applicant will be notified by email as to application status and for payment details. CCVF reserves the right to decline any exhibitor at any time, at its discretion.
- Because many vegans are expected to attend VegFest, we ask that all food and other products being exhibited or sold at CCVF be vegan (no honey, milk, whey, eggs, gelatin, leather, fur/wool, or other animal products).
- The Vendor/Exhibitor is responsible for making sure their booth/table is staffed by at least one person for the duration of the event.
*All for-profit vendors who will be selling merchandise/products/food are required to pay a one-time $32 concessionaire’s fee to the City of Salem. This will be included on your Cherry City Veg Fest invoice. For all registrations an additional 2.7% PayPal processing fee is added to the invoice. Food vendors are also required to provide a certificate of insurance that includes the City of Salem and Cherry City VegFest as AI.
Booth/Table location assignments will be determined solely at the discretion of Cherry City VegFest. We will make every effort to organize vendors/exhibitors so that type of business/organization are evenly and logically spread out through the venue and/or park and all equally visible/accessible to the VegFest attendees.
(Only 4 more indoor spaces remaining; food vendors ONLY at this time, please)
For Profit (Hall/indoor) – $125
Nonprofit (Hall/indoor) – $75
For Profit (outside/lawn) – $100
Nonprofit (outside/lawn) – $65
Animal Rescue/Sanctuary (outside/lawn) – $40
Space will be reserved upon receipt of payment. Refunds of 100% will be provided to sponsors, exhibitors, and restaurants who submit written cancellation on or before April 1, 2019. Refunds of 50% will be provided to sponsors, exhibitors, and restaurants who submit written cancellation April 2-May 1, 2019. Because of the non-refundable nature of expenses incurred to put on the event, there will be no refunds issued after May 1, 2019.
Should any contingency interrupt or prevent the holding of the Cherry City VegFest, including but not limited to inclement weather, war, terrorism, plague of locusts, Roy Batty, or a zombie apocalypse, the event coordinators and City of Salem shall in no way be liable to exhibitors. In the unfortunate event of inclement weather (outdoors vendors/exhibitors) and/or aforementioned cancellation, payments made to Cherry City VegFest are non-refundable.
- Please help us promote CCVF through your websites, newsletters, emails, calendars, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Please see our media page for logos and other details.
- For all food sampling/selling exhibitors, it is our goal to reduce waste as much as possible in our efforts to be an environmentally responsible event. See tips below.
- Food Exhibitors and Samples Vendors are recommended to bring 3,000 free food samples.
- All exhibitors, representatives and volunteers can check-in at the “Information” table located at the main entrance to the Hall the loading doors at 7:30am. Please try to be set up and ready to go by 9:30 am. Doors open at 10 am.
- Parking is the responsibility of the exhibitor. Temporary load-in space is available at the back of the Hall building. There is very limited parking in a small lot adjacent to Pringle City Park. Additional parking is available on Church Street SE and area streets, including Pringle Parkade just a few blocks away. There is one handicapped parking space in the parking lot off of Church Street SE. There is an additional handicapped parking space on the east side of Pringle Community Hall that can be accessed from Winter Street SE, through the north entrance to Hospital Building B. There is space for one service delivery vehicle on the east side of Pringle Community Hall that can also be accessed through the north entrance to Hospital Building B on Winter Street SE.
- Cherry City VegFest has knowledgeable and enthusiastic coordinators and volunteers to answer questions and provide direction at the Pringle Park Community Hall. There will be limited volunteer assistance for setup and breakdown. Sponsors are responsible for setup and breakdown of their exhibits.
- Events generate a large amount of waste, and VegFest is committed to minimizing the amount going into landfills. We will be recycling along with composting food at this event, and we need your help! We ask that you please support our efforts to be an environmentally responsible event. To assist you, we have compiled the following information and helpful hints.
- PLEASE MINIMIZE WASTE
- First and foremost, we would like to ask you to minimize the amount of waste generated from your table. When giving food samples, please avoid the use of plates, cups, forks, etc. unless absolutely necessary.
- The following materials will be collected for recycling:
- Cardboard and clean paper
- Aluminum cans and clean foil
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR COMPOSTING EFFORTS
- We will be composting food scraps and paper/cardboard at this event. Plastic products are not acceptable in Salem’s food waste composting program.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability (Legalese)
Neither Cherry City VegFest (CCVF), any co-sponsor, venue provider nor any of their respective officers, agents, employees, contractors, facilities, representatives or assigns shall be liable for, and Vendor/Exhibitor hereby releases them from, any claims for damage, loss, expense, harm, or injury or death to the person, property or business of the Vendor/Exhibitor and/or any of its visitors, officers, agents, employees, contractors, or other representatives, resulting from theft, fire, earthquake, water, unavailability of the facility, uncontrollable events, third parties, accident or any other reason in connection with the display at the Festival. The Vendor/Exhibitor hereby indemnifies, and shall defend, and protect CCVF and hold any co-sponsor and venue provider harmless from any and all claims, demands, suits, liability, damages, losses, costs, attorney’s fees, and expenses which might result or arise from Exhibitor’s participation in the Festival or any actions of Vendor/Exhibitor’s officers, agents, employees, contractors, or other representatives. Under no circumstance will CCVF, any co-sponsor, or the venue provider be liable for lost profits or other incidental or consequential damages for any of their acts or omissions whatsoever whether or not appraised of the possibility or likelihood of such damages or lost profits. In no event shall CCVF’s liability, under any circumstance, exceed the amount actually paid to it by the Vendor/Exhibitor. CCVF makes no representations or warranties regarding the number or identity of persons who will attend the Festival.
Cherry City VegFest (CCVF) has made every effort to select sponsors and exhibitors, including food vendors, that reflect CCVF’s Core Values. Participation by a sponsor or exhibitor at the festival is not an endorsement by CCVF, and CCVF makes no warranty or representation regarding any sponsor or exhibitor, or its offers, products, services, information, or advice. CCVF specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability for any injury or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be suffered by an attendee as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to an attendee’s patronage of a sponsor or exhibitor. Attendance at CCVF will constitute an attendee’s understanding and acceptance of this disclaimer.
Complete Your Cherry City VegFest Vendor Request Form
This form is required in order to participate as a vendor/exhibitor at Cherry City VegFest. Once the form is filled out, you will be contacted by Cherry City VegFest with an invoice, the City of Salem Concessionaire’s Form, and additional information. Upon receipt of payment, you will receive a confirmation email securing your spot at Cherry City VegFest! Deadline to register and submit all necessary forms is May 1, 2019
Fill out the vendor form
- Questions? Contact email@example.com.